Casting Director Bill Marinella, a 17-year industry veteran, announced today that he is in search of background talent for the second season of the Lifetime hit comedy series from Sony Pictures Television “Drop Dead Diva,” which is filmed in and around Peachtree City, GA.
The open call will be held, Saturday, May 15th, 2010 from 9:00pm to 1:00pm & on Sunday, May 16th, 2010 from 11:00am to 3:00pm at Ashley Park Mall, located at 232 Newnan Crossing Bypass, Newnan. .
to portray very chic and trendy 30-somethings
L.A. model types, 5’ 6’’ or taller (females)
male model looks must be 5’10”
upscale patrons with upscale suits / dresses with a polished look
to portray Attorneys and Defendants, character faces, come dressed to impress
Anyone with cool/ funky hairstyle, eyeglasses, tattoos, or “Art Gallery” look
Specifically looking for blonde men and women (tan a plus!)
Casting ages 18 and over “ALL LOOKS”
· ABSOLUTELY NO RED, NO WHITE and NO BUSY PRINTS/PATTERNS
· Colors we love for the professional looks are navy grey, black, olive, tan, maroon, beige, charcoal - think “GQ “ magazine type
· For “Nightlife” scenes - dresses with spaghetti straps, and stylish jeans for women, tops with jewel tones and color are good!
· Men with that “Entourage” feel, overdyed or dark upscale jeans and shirts with peak or notch collars and sport jackets and soft soled rubber dress shoes, and handsome, “chic suits” for play
· Please come in style, simple jewelry is best, with hair and make up camera ready
Plenty of free parking, bring a pen and headshots if you have them. Please know your wardrobe sizes (height, waist, inseam, shoe, etc.).
About DROP DEAD DIVA
When beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb (Brooke D’Orsay) has a fatal car accident, she suddenly finds herself in front of Heaven’s gatekeeper, Fred (Ben Feldman), who declares her a self-centered “zero.” Outraged, she attempts to persuade Fred to return her to her shallow existence but is accidentally relegated to the body of the recently deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). A brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney with a loyal assistant (Margaret Cho), Jane has always lived in the shadow of her more comely colleagues whereas Deb has always relied on her external beauty. Now, by a twist of fate and a bolt of divine intervention, both personalities must learn to coexist in Jane’s plus-size frame in the ultimate showdown between brains and beauty. Drop Dead Diva is produced by Sony Pictures Television for Lifetime Television. Josh Berman (Bones, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) is creator and executive producer. Alex Taub (Eli Stone) joins Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Academy Award®-winning Chicago, Hairspray, Lifetime’s Living Proof) of Storyline Entertainment as executive producers.