Southside Theatre Guild in downtown Fairburn announces open auditions for Teachers The Musical on Monday and Tuesday, December 7 and 8 at 7:00 pm. All auditions will be held at our theatre at 20 W. Campbellton St., behind OZ Pizza. Performance dates are February 18-March 7, 2010.
Need 3 females (1 40-60, 1 20-60, 1 20ish), 4 males (1 40-50, 1 30-40, 1 adult, 1 9-15). Singing is required for all parts. Dancing experience is not necessary. All readings and music will be cold. For more information, visit www.STGplays.com or call 770-969-0956.
· Belle Tobbins – (female, 40-60) Veteran, burnt out school teacher. This is her last year of teaching before retirement. She is a closet eater, carries a bag of treats with her at all times. She is literally counting the days until the end of school. She is looking for an adventure (in a man) after teaching.
· Doris Gross – (female, 20-50) School Secretary. Very lusty. Extremely organized. Very bossy! Straight shooter. She has her eye on who and what she wants, and knows how to get him.
· Chrissy Collins – (female, 20’s) First year teacher. In the beginning, Chrissy is extremely naïve, not only about teaching, but about her love life. She does not have a clue as to what she is getting into. Along the way she wises up and matures.
· Principal Larry Sludge –(male, 40-50) LOVES BIRDS!!!...and to this point he is truly a absent minded bird-brain.(Unlike the script, he will be seen)
· Steven Higgs – (male, 30-40) The Cookie Man. Strikingly handsome, serious eye candy, and he has caught the eye of someone very special.
· The Janitor – (male, no age) Silent but deadly. The janitor is onstage almost the entire show doing the scene changes and other deeds!
· Sammy – (male, 9-15) the spawn of SATAN! No more to be said.
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage